Monday, February 1, 2016

Electromagnestism

Pre activity:
During the pre activity i noticed that once I had a complete circuit and I waved the cable on top of the compass the compass started pointing with the cable I thought this was weird and I wanted to see if the battery worked as well so I tried it and it worked.
I think this is because the battery acts like a magnet because it has a north + and a south -
and when you connect the wire the battery passes all of the magnetic properties to the wire.

Main Activity: 
During the main activity I learned a big thing about magnets it is that they are reactive to to electricity so it is not that the battery is a magnet is that the magnet is responsive to electricity. When you make a circuit the wire gets a magnetic field and that can  magnetise the nail. When I wrapped the nail 10 times it did not pick up a single paper clip and the same for 15 wraps and 20 wraps until I finally got it to pick up a paper clip after wrapping it 30 times.

No comments:

Post a Comment